760400

Poisoning with brown fly agaric, Amanita regalis.

Article date: 1979/1/1

PubMed ID: 760400

Journal name: Acta medica Scandinavica (ISSN: 0001-6101)

ABSTRACT

Three patients ate different amounts of a common northern mushroom, brown fly agaric, Amanita regalis. All of them believed they had eaten delicious parasol mushrooms, Macrolepiota procera. The symptoms of poisoning began 1–2 hours after ingestion of the mushrooms. All the patients had marked gastrointestinal symptoms: nausea and heavy vomiting. Two had central nervous system manifestations and cholinergic symptoms: hallucinations, confusion, or loss of consciousness as well as copious salivation, or sweating. All patients recovered within 4–24 hours without any damage to liver, kidneys or central nervous system. It seems that cooking the mushrooms does not completely neutralize the toxic agents of Amanita regalis. The analysis of fried mushrooms shows that it may be possible to identify mushrooms reliably from the remains of a meal.

This document is available from: http://directlinks.cc/files/muscimol/760400.pdf

Author List: Elonen E, Tarssanen L, Härkönen M

Publication Types: Case Reports; Journal Article

Substances mentioned in the article:

Mesh terms: Adult; Amanita; Confusion/chemically induced; Female; Hallucinations/chemically induced; Humans; Male; Middle Aged; Mushroom Poisoning/therapy; Nausea/chemically induced; Unconsciousness/chemically induced; Vomiting/chemically induced;

760400.txt · Last modified: 2018/11/22 21:16 (external edit)